[Wine] Getting a Simple Direct X program to Run.

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 2 22:18:12 CDT 2009

Ming wrote:
> Thanks for the assistance.
> Ok, so I disbled my proprietary drivers, and tried running it with the community drivers.
>
> It started without complaining, and displayed a 3D starfield. However, if I tried to actually do anything there (clicking on empty space seemed to work, but if I rotated the view or tried to interact with an object), it would pop up with the wine error and crash to desktop.
>
> Is it a hardware bottleneck?
>

>> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateSwapChain The app requests more than one back buffer, this can't be supported properly. Please configure the application to use double buffering(=1 back buffer) if possible

No, but visit Bugzilla.  There is an open bug for this problem and there
is a proposed but not accepted fix for the buffering issue.   Copy in
the first part and you should find about five or six issues.  Only one
of the issues should still be open and have a long list of comments.
You will have to create a bugzilla account to add anything to this issue
and to vote on it (like I did.)

James McKenzie