[Wine] Noob: Program ran on wine in Ultimate Ubuntu, and not Mint?

jorx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 3 02:06:58 CDT 2009

Hi everybody!

I've finally found a distro that suits my needs from the starts... well except for one small thing.

In "Ultimate Edition" (formerly Ultimate Ubuntu) I had no problems installing and running the Foundry's Nuke compositing software. (not in the AppDB)

In Linux Mint however- the program disappears after the splash screen.  No errors, nothing- just disappears. How should I begin trouble shooting and experimenting with it?
I'm a windows power user- but linux (and WINE) is quite new to me.

I'd appreciate some pointers. Thank you for your time!