[Wine] Re: (Dar)Wine and The Bat!

accolon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 3 10:06:43 CDT 2009

No, I didn't change the Windows version, according to winecfg it's Windows XP.

I didn't know that VXD drivers don't work on NT-based Windows versions, but this might explain why the oreans.vxd doesn't exist on my Windows XP box. Indeed, I just installed The Bat! inside a Windows 98 virtual machine I keep around, and there the oreans.vxd appears as well.

Maybe The Bat! thinks it's running on Windows 9x when starting it using Wine for Mac OS and thus fails.

Changing the Windows version using winecfg doesn't help, the error message remains the same.