[Wine] Another app that crashes InstallShield

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:07:49 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:
> walt wrote:
>> When I run the application it pops up an error box saying it couldn't determine
>> the version of 'the System' and quits.  The error on the command line is:
>>
>> fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly
>> L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC" (8.0.50608.0)
>
> Try 'winetricks vcrun2005sp1'.

Well, that cured the VC80 error message I quoted above, but the app still quits
with the same error dialog box.  Now I see this on the command line:

fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!

Does that error seem like it could be the source of the problem?

I'm asking because a different app from the same company also produces fixme's
on the command line, and yet it *appears* to work perfectly.  Example:

fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECTED_STATE: semi-stub
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Stub for 2
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (10000): STUB
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Stub for 2
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Stub for 5
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT 10000
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Stub for 5
fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Stub for 6