[Wine] Installation Issues RE Counterstrike

reservoir_k9 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 5 00:34:54 CDT 2009

Hi All

First Post.  Linux N00b.  Hope you will bear with me.

I was running UBUNTU 9.04, but decided to switch over and try DEBIAN out for a while.  I am presently running the latest stable release of DEBIAN.  Machine is several years old (Athlon XP 2.08ghz -- 2gb RAM -- 256mb NVIDIA card --if it becomes necessary I can get more specific specs on hardware.)

Anyway... I am encountering problems when I try to install Counterstrike.  Same problem in UBUNTU AND Debian.  I tried multiple versions of WINE on UBUNTU, but for the moment am trying to use the "stable" version of wine in Debian... (WINE 1.0.1)

I've posted a screenshot below but basically the setup will initialize, install STEAM, get through whatever needs to be loaded from DISK1 but when it asks for DISK2 and I try to hit the eject button it says "an application is preventing the volume 'cs_1' from being ejected." (see screenshot.)

[Image: http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3620/screenshotcvt.png ] (http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotcvt.png)

I searched for a bit online and saw that I could unmount the drive via terminal.  I did so using "umount -l /media/cdrom" and it did ALLOW me to thereafter eject the CD and put in CD2... but when I tried to resume installation it failed.  (see screen below.)

[Image: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3365/screenshot1hly.png ] (http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1hly.png)

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!  And I do apologize if this is something that has already been asked and resolved elsewhere... I searched, but could not find anything on this, if I missed it then I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction!

Thanks Again!

-ReS