[Wine] Reporting a Complaint

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 5 22:28:31 CDT 2009

alienjon wrote:

> Additionally, I am using a GeForce 7600GS card with the latest drivers (180.60, I believe - I'm not in front of it right now, but it's definitely the latest)  The error itself is:
>

> Code:
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7e114810 "d3d9_main.c: d3d9_cs"
> wait timed out in thread 001f, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)

This is a well known problem with locking, not necessarily with
DirectX.  I think there already is a bug in Bugzilla for this.
> Definitely a DirectX-related issue (and, from what I can tell, related to thread locking)  I HAVE found this error via Google searches, but none of the problems have matched mine (in terms of effects or for this specific game (Supreme Commander) and a good number of them have tried things that resolved the problem for them, but not for me.

I would suggest that this be added to an existing thread locking bug.
If you are incorrect, one of the bug triage folks will let you know,
hopefully in a manner that makes sense.  Some problems affect multiple
programs in multiple places.   It is amazing that I had a threadlocking
error that affected several areas of Wine.  One bug fix eliminated all
of the problems.

If you wish, you can start a new thread with the bug issue as the topic
and see what others have to say about it.

James McKenzie
(not a moderator nor admin.)