[Wine] Team Fortress 2 Issues

wat wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 6 10:17:07 CDT 2009

Hello there,

After downloading the latest version of wine, latest graphics drivers and install Steam through PlayOnLinux, I tried to launch Team Fortress 2.
The initial Valve sound played and then the menu soud, but there was absolutely no video/display. Checking the processes list, hl2.exe was still running, so obviously something is going wrong here.
My system should be fine, as I used to run TF2 in Windows before switching to Ubuntu, but here are the specs & software:

PlayOnLinux 3.5
Wine v1.0.1-0ubuntu6
Ubuntu (Gnome)

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Resolution: Dual monitors, both 1680 x 1050

Thanks in advance for any help.