[Wine] Re: Reporting a Complaint

haarp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 7 11:41:54 CDT 2009

Hello.

I am probably the person alienjon was talking about in the bug, as my distro is Gentoo 64 aswell, and I happen to have Wine compiled without all use-flags enabled.
I also happen to be the maintainer of SupCom on Appdb.
I am NOT getting the lockup bugs that alienjon does, the game works quite well, fast and stable on high settings for me.
Not all requirements are ever used by some apps. If I had mentioned my use-flags in my bug-reports, all of them would've been shot down ;) Up to this day, I have never reported a bug that turned out to have my build-settings to blame
Then again, a lot of users are probably not even aware whether one of their bugs is caused by incomplete builds. So I can completely understand Vitaliy. Devs can't be bothered to pay attention to their users' builds, it's far easier for both sides to assume complete ones.