[Wine] Re: Reporting a Complaint

alienjon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 8 00:00:22 CDT 2009

alienjon wrote:
> liblcms to be related to modem-internet connections.

My apologies on this.  It wasn't lcms but libcapi20 (which IS related to modem-stuff)  It needs a kernel rebuild, though, so I might need a day or two just to make sure I don't mess it up.

vitamin wrote:
> Do you have any sound servers running (pulse, esd, etc)?
> Do you have compiz (3d desktop effects) disabled?
> What window manager are you using?
> Have you tried running the game in virtual desktop?
> Have you made any changes in winecfg / registry?

In order:
I have alsasound running (the init script) but no others.
I am using KDE 4 but have desktop effects disabled.
I am using KWin4
I have not tried in a virtual desktop (not quite sure how to do that)
In trying to fix this problem I actually uninstalled Wine + all the wine configuration files so that I would work from a clean install.  The only two things I have installed right now that is non-standard is d3dx9 via winetricks (this not only copies the d3d files but also configures wine to use them natively)  Without the latter the game won't run (well, I need d3dx9_36.dll but installing all of them via winetricks removes some other warnings (fixme's) as well)  Secondly, I have xact installed (also via winetricks)  This is for sound to work for the game but is not actually needed for the game to run (as far as I can run it, at least)