[Wine] access another drive

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Jun 8 14:10:49 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 21:05, orlcam88<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Sorry if I'm repeating some of the other post questions but the answer wasn't quite clear as what I want to do.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu fully not dual boot.  I have 4 drives.  One is my main Ubuntu drive.  Another drive (call it the D drive)  is a holdover from windows that have photos and videos.   The other two are backups.
>
> I want to access my D drive in Wine but I can't see it in the drive's tab in Wine.  This drive was not formatted for Linux, so it still is in NTSF format.
> Is is it possible to access it in wine?
If you can access it in Linux, run winecfg and add it... You do not
want to run applications from an NTFS drive currently, due to
limitations of the driver for the filesystem.

> If this is not possible, then if I take one of the backup drives, format it in ext3 (? newbie) and copy everything from D to the newly reformatted drive, will I now be able to access the new external drive in Wine?

What do you want to do?

Access the NTFS drive from Linux (not a Wine issue, you should be able
to double click on it or something, but as google and the Ubuntu
forums) or do you have a program running in Wine that requires
datafrom an NTFS drive?

Gert