[Wine] Wine won't work anymore

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Jun 9 12:43:52 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 19:22, joelop<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying Ubuntu 9.04 these days and Wine to help me with some Win applications. 2-3 days ago I installed Ares and Wine worked perfectly. Since then I can't make it work anymore. When I download an .exe application Wine just 'shakes' my screen but does nothing more. I've even tried the 'Open with Wine' option and I get the same result.
>
> Any clue on what can be happening?

You should be able to fix wine by cleaning out your WINEPREFIX
($HOME/.wine by default), but you would need to install applications
from scratch... Finding the problem is a better solution...

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-9893ae50079ca7a959258f0bc9a17aaf2e69b391

About the screen shaking thing: Is desktop effects disabled? It is
known to cause issues with Wine.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-db2fa150a8b8f906508959b92beb00768ec6ec47

Gert