[Wine] Tomb Raider - Underworld (anyone got it working?)

Peace4all wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 9 14:16:09 CDT 2009

Well the subject says it all really, it was a great shame since the last two tomb raider games worked perfectly, after installing 'Underworld', some months back, I found it did not work. After spending the last few months waiting, it seems to have improved with the latest version of WINE.

In the latest WINE, if the camera is very close to Lara, the picture magically appears (with some shading glitches), but as soon as I move or when the camera zooms out, I get the all orange screen again. This suggests to me that WINE IS able to run this game, with some (hopefully minor) fixes.

As the graphics do render, and the actual rendering is very smooth, I was hoping there may be a way to disable which ever function is causing the screen to flood with orange.

Any tips anyone ?.