[Wine] [expect deadlock] on MAC OS X

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 12:57:36 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:40 PM, K4Z00<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> after my success in getting some proprietary company software working in wine clicky (http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=25947#25947)
> one of my colleagues is attempting the install on MAC OS X
> they have installed wine using this guide http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/ (http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/)
> 1. to install winetricks can they issue?
> Code:
> wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks

OS X doesn't come with wget. They can install wget from macports or
what not, or use curl.

>  or does it require?
> Code:
> sudo port install winetricks

It's probably out of date, get it from kegel.com.

> 2. after that are all the standard commands the same for them as me? eg
> Code:
> sh winetricks jet40 vb5run corefonts mdac28 vcrun6 vb6run

If they use sudo port install, it'll probably put it in /usr somewhere
and marked executable, in which case use 'winetricks foo' instead of
'sh winetricks foo'.

> 3. what version of wine will sudo port install wine give them? presumably 1.0.1? assuming that in my linux install it required 1.1.21, how do they install wine-devel 1.1.22 (http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/x11/wine-devel/Portfile)?

Build it themselves, or use darwine.

--
-Austin