[Wine] Forcing Application Resolutions

sbdixson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 11 09:27:12 CDT 2009

so heres the delima (mainly centered around starcraft but also other games) Ideally I'd like to be able to manually set the running resolution of a game, im not sure if this is still doable without the config file but im hoping.

newer games that allow setting the running resolution in there settings are no problem since they all stick to what I tell them to do however older games like starcraft cant set from inside they just either run in fullscreen and seem to perminantly change my resolution or I run them in emulated desktop mode and its an itty bitty window, any help on this would be most appreciated, I've also noticed with starcraft that when I go to an alternate desktop the game will either crash or continue to run without displaying anymore (requires a killall) again thanks for the help and if any more information is needed from my end just let me know

Thanks
SBDixson