[Wine] More Wine and WOW problems

wowsushi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 13 11:23:50 CDT 2009

I am trying to install wow on ubuntu 9.04x64.
I have installed wine 1.1.23 and have succesfully downloaded and pached wow all the way to the current patch level.
I can start the wow launcher, but when i hit PLAY or start WoW.exe through Wine WOW crashes.
The program never really starts since it has not produced a config.wtf file.

My log from wine looks like this:
Wine WoW.exe -opengl

fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
archive Data\enGB\patch-enGB.MPQ opened
archive Data\patch.MPQ opened
archive Data\enGB\patch-enGB-2.MPQ opened
archive Data\patch-2.MPQ opened
archive Data\expansion.MPQ opened
archive Data\lichking.MPQ opened
archive Data\common.MPQ opened
archive Data\common-2.MPQ opened
archive Data\enGB\locale-enGB.MPQ opened
archive Data\enGB\speech-enGB.MPQ opened
archive Data\enGB\expansion-locale-enGB.MPQ opened
archive Data\enGB\lichking-locale-enGB.MPQ opened
archive Data\enGB\expansion-speech-enGB.MPQ opened
archive Data\enGB\lichking-speech-enGB.MPQ opened
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x39edac,0x00000000), stub!

The wow log says:
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program:	C:\Programmer\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception:	0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:7CD9396A

The instruction at "0x7CD9396A" referenced memory at "0x00000018".
The memory could not be "read".

Can anyone tell me what the problem seems to be, and how to fix it?