[Wine] Mouse move out of the game window

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 09:19:47 CDT 2009

2009/6/14 abraham_aji <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> Thanx now its working ..
>
> Actually whats the wrong .. .. is this a Bug ?
> if we put  "MouseWarpOverride"="force"  how its work ?
>

> This registry is a "brute force" method of fixing escaping mouse bug - it
works for some apps, for others it may produce problems (although I didn't
find any). There is a bug in bugzilla for this, and I think it will
“eventually” be fixed properly, for now - this is the fix. How it works?
Well I "THINK" when this is set to enable mouse pointer is being warped to
the center of the wine window whenever it reaches outer boundary of the
window – for some apps this is sufficient, in others cursor can “escape”
window, and since wine didn't reacted in time (when cursor reached window's
outer boundary) cursor won't be warped, when we set this to force, cursor is
locked in the center of window – so it will not escape. I think that is how
it works. Abybody can confirm my thinking?
P.S
Sorry for my English