[Wine] Re: Building 1.1.23 on Red Hat WS 4.6 fails

acidd_uk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 15 04:58:32 CDT 2009

I spent quite a bit of time trying to sort this out, and all I can think is it's build system itself has some bug/incompatibility with Red Hat. The issue seems to be that winegcc or winebuild sees the version.res and translates the filename to -rversion.res, then the other program actually looks for a file called '-rversion.res'.

If I manually enter the line, adding -r to the version.res line, e.g. if I manually run the command

Code:
../../tools/winegcc/winegcc  -B../../tools/winebuild --sysroot=../.. -shared ./advapi32.spec    advapi.o cred.o crypt.o crypt_arc4.o crypt_des.o crypt_lmhash.o crypt_md4.o crypt_md5.o crypt_sha.o eventlog.o lsa.o registry.o security.o service.o  svcctl_c.o   -rversion.res   -o advapi32.dll.so -lrpcrt4 -lkernel32 -lntdll -Wb,-drpcrt4 ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a

Then it works fine and the .dll.so is created. However, there's a lot of dlls that use resource files and manually editing and entering each one's compile command isn't really the 'right' option. I had a brief look at the winegcc/winebuild source, and found where it looks like it does the file type detection, but cannot see why it's going wrong, but there's not much documentation for it...[/code]