[Wine] Re: applying a patch (select-dup.diff) to wine to fix TF2

RedWagon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 15 17:05:26 CDT 2009

verdow at RedWagon ~ $ patch -p1 < select-dup.diff
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/server/thread.c b/server/thread.c
|index e931e81..a42365c 100644
|--- a/server/thread.c
|+++ b/server/thread.c
File to patch: ^C
verdow at RedWagon ~ $

What file do I need to patch?  Also, wine is not installed on my computer.  If I want to run wine I must run

WNIEPREFIX=/home/verdow/.wine_program /home/verdow/.wine-1.1.16/./wine program.exe

> though you could just upgrade to git where it's fixed...

Certain programs run better on older versions of wine, also this is a new bug, the steam update that broke tf2 came out only a week ago.