[Wine] Re: Error compiling Wine 0.9.53 - Please Help

ackanao wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 16 12:13:45 CDT 2009

> The problem is compiling old code like that often breaks on newer
> systems. You could use a reverse regression test to find the patch
> that fixes it and compile the old code...
> http://wiki.winehq.org/ReverseRegressionTesting
>
> --
> -Austin

You're right I've already tried "the easier way" by substituting those functions
("merge_vm86_pending_flags", "raise_vm86_sti_exception", "__wine_enter_vm86") with "good ones" from Wine 1.01 but without success; I've tried to change them manually but I'm no programmer so I failed again  :(

The reason I choose that path is because this is the first time I'm using Git and there are some things I still don't understand; Now I will try "the right way" - Thanks all of you for your help!

(I guess I'll be back quickly - I suspect I'll get into trouble with Reverse Regression Testing)