[Wine] Dawn of War alert sounds not working

thorin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 17 10:21:10 CDT 2009

Hi, I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 with wine 1.1.22, and I've got a problem with dawn of war original. When I load up a skirmish or multiplayer game, the sounds that a unit or building make when clicked on do not play. In addition, the sounds made when a unit is taking fire for example, don't play either. When I reload the skirmish game again, everything works fine. I've got no idea what's going on, I'm using pulseaudio, but when I was playing the dawn of war demo and not using pulseaudio, the problem was there too.

Any idea? Any extra info needed?