[Wine] Not a single program works

makuba wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 20 19:46:51 CDT 2009

Hello everyone.
I feel a bit stupid, as there must be an obvious reason for this: Almost every program I try to start crashes, some with, some without error messages. The most common error messages I read complained about access violations. However, some programs, mostly setup-programs, managed to initialize a GUI and then just silently crashed, of which I was notified by a WINE-window apologizing for the inconvenience.
I tried several things including a complete removal of WINE to eliminate a possibly messed up configuration and messing up the configuration again.
All programs are listed in the AppDB (Guitar Pro 5, Colin McRae Rally 2.0, Anno 1602...) and are at least rated gold for me - I am using Ubuntu 9.04.
My currently installed version of WINE is 1.1.23.