[Wine] photoshop cs2 runs, but seems laggy

v1nsai wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 22 16:44:19 CDT 2009

I just got photoshop cs2 installed and running on my system using 'sh winetricks corefonts vcrun6' and while it runs and all, it seems very choppy.  I've been reading about how wine 1.0 came out with the specific purpose of photoshop running on wine/linux, and that even google has been funding this endeavor, so I would think that by wine 1.1.23 it would be running quite well.

To be more specific, photoshop runs just fine and there are no noticable glitches until I start moving and interacting with things.  When creating a word using the type tool, there is a noticable lag between me pressing a key and the letter appearing on screen.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get this running smoothly enough to be able to trust it so I can ditch my Windows install, any help is appreciated.

My system specs:

Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit

3 GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ (Dual core 2.4GHz)
Nvidia GeForce 6600 (proprietary 180 driver installed and running)