[Wine] Question about installing DirectX

jake.smith wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 24 10:28:00 CDT 2009

I have a quick question - I have been starting to test if bugs are still in the current git of wine.  When trying to test a DirectX bug I came across this weird behavior and I am trying to figure out why/if there is a problem or I'm doing something wrong/different.  Here's the scenario:

1. Make and install current git of wine (did with 1.1.23-xxx and 1.1.24 and currently trying with wine-1.1.24-140-ge920f5f) under Ubuntu 9.04.

2a.
Code:
$wine Desktop/directx_mar2009_redist.exe

to extract install files.

Code:
$wine Desktop/temp/DXSETUP.exe

to install which shows the license agreement, then the ready to install, and then after clicking next to start install it generates these errors and goes directly to "Installation complete" window:
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x8ae770) using GetSystemInfo()
fixme:mscoree:GetCORVersion (0x8ae368, 600, 0x8ae354): semi-stub!

2b. But if I right click on DXSETUP.exe from Nautilus 2.26.2 and choose "Open with "Wine Windows Program Loader"" it goes through license, ready to install, and begins installing files (properly from the looks).

What is the difference between launching from command line and launching from Nautilus that would cause the different behavior??