[Wine] Re: Steam Games Don't Work. Please Help!

MooTM wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 24 15:26:05 CDT 2009

Daily_Lama wrote:
> i suppose you are running wine 1.1.23. that version had a regression that broke all steam games with source engine.
> just update to wine 1.1.24 and everything should be fine.

So you think I should UPGRADE from 1.1.23 Beta to 1.1.24 Beta which is going to still be a bit unstable, rather than downgrade to a stable version; 1.0.1? Thnx for the help, I will wait for more replies and see what the majority says before taking a decision (not saying that your advice is wrong). In the mean time, I don't suppose you could tell me how to update plz? (it's probably really simple, but I'm new to Linux). Thnx for the help all the same