[Wine] Script to run Wine and save log

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Jun 27 05:19:53 CDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-27 at 09:16 +0200, Gert van den Berg wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 00:18, Martin Gregorie<martin at gregorie.org> wrote:
> > Minor point: I think all unices have the Bourn Shell but not all have
> > ksh, csh or bash, so the #!/bin/sh line is probably a good idea.
> >
> All SUS-complaint unixes have a /bin/sh. Which might be a Bourne shell
> (e.g. Solaris), POSIX shell (HP-UX), link to ash / dash / bash
> (Various Linux / BSD version).... It ussualy run Bourne-scripts, but
> might support various extensions which may not work in other shells.

Another point I should have mentioned: I've used Unix installations
where the default shell was ksh, which is another good reason for
starting the script with "#!/bin/sh".

I take your point about non-standard extensions, but the way round that
is to stick to the original Bourne shell syntax and not use the
extensions.

Martin