[Wine] World of Warcraft and Wine.

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 27 23:43:25 CDT 2009

SyntheticToast wrote:
> My boyfriend and I have been really frustrated trying to get WoW to work on Jaunty with Wine,
>
> We think perhaps one of the biggest problems we're having is downloading the latest patches.
>
> Normally when there are new patches they automatically update themselves, but when they go to the loading screen, it freezes and doesn't work.
>
> So then we tried getting the patches from a mirror, (most of which were german and made me laugh) but I think he didn't understand what order to install the patches in.
>
> Does it matter if the patches are mixed up or do they have to be in a specific order, from oldest to latest for it to be successful?

Usually, patches are applied oldest to newest.  If you attempt to apply
a newer patch than what you should be, an error message appears.
However, some programs 'roll up' all changes, so that you only need
apply the latest patch.  Since I don't work with WoW, I don't know if
this applies.

James McKenzie