[Wine] Windows Setup.exe fails on Program Group creation

Gruff wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 28 05:31:21 CDT 2009

I have two issues with Wine.
1) When I run my VB6 Setup package the text is tiny and garbled.
I'm basically pushing buttons by memory as I can't make out what they say.

2)  When I run my setup package from the Wine C: drive.  Everything goes as it should until I reach the part where it constructs a Windows program group.  Setup pops up an error dialog called "Setup message" and says: "Could not create directory: \FormDesigner" (Which is the name of my app)

What Sub folder area is it trying to write to?  Under Windows that would most likey be:
C:\Documents and Settings\Profiles\<my Name>\Start Menu\Programs\

At one point a couple of weeks ago I uninstalled Wine then reinstalled it.
Could that have destroyed the folder structure it is looking for?

Thank You,

Tom Groff
Tom.Groff51 at gmail.com