[Wine] World of Warcraft and Wine.

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sun Jun 28 08:43:18 CDT 2009

SyntheticToast wrote:
> Does it matter if the patches are mixed up or do they have to be in a specific order, from oldest to latest for it to be successful?

For the game to work you have to have all of the patch ranges in the
correct folder. If you are downloading a patch and then applying it as
the download finishes, then yes they have to be done in order. I have
been told (but not personally tested) that if you are downloading all
the patches to another folder then moving them to the correct folder
then starting the game to apply them, the order doesn't matter.

Honestly, if you are having patch trouble the easiest way around that us
usually to delete your WoW files, log on to your account managment at
the WoW website and it will show the latest version of the game you have
purchased with a 'download' option. If you download from there you
should get the regular game files and all patches up to the current one
all at once and all in order. Depending on your internet it may take
awhile but possibly still be faster then messing with mirrors and patch
orders.