[Wine] WINE install of Dreamweaver MX fails

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 08:56:02 CDT 2009

> ok. Did 1. no problem.  I tried running winecfg and got a huge error output in terminal; but I couldn't capture it because it logged me out and forced me to log back in to Ubuntu.

This could be a problem with either hardware or your X windows

> So, once I logged back in, I decided to really remove ALL of the Wine pkgs through Synaptic pkg mgr. Once that was done i wen back and reloaded them...
> ver 1.1.24 is the latest ver listed in synaptic pkg mgr.
>
> Did 2. and the CD started and the icon appeared on the desktop. Autorun tried and failed, like before.

Do NOT do that. No one can ever help you when you do this because
there is no way for us to know why it is failing. Try the install from
the terminal and post the output.

> Did 3. Winecfg opened with no errors and I selected the drive tab and here is the output results from winecfg, in terminal, that I got previously:
> rick at rick-desktop:~$ winecfg
> err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
> err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
> err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
> rick at rick-desktop:~$
>
> So..in summary: clean Wine, mounted Cd, winecfg ok until I clicked the drives tab...then I busted.
> Should I make sure that the dosdevices folder is removed from /.wine?
> It appears to name the cdrom drive as z:

Make sure in winecfg that your cdrom drive is listed and if not add it.

> BTW.. the "mount manager error" is a relatively new wrinkle that has occurred over the past few days of my install attempts and trying things recommended as well as my own experiments...much to my dismay.

I am not sure of that. I believe it is a problem with the hal or dbus
setup in ubuntu but I am not sure. I have never had that but I do not
use ubuntu.

John