[Wine] How do I get this app to write to database

abb4 bombadil at dds.nl
Sun Jun 28 08:56:00 CDT 2009

Hi,
I've been trying to install this app:  http://www.albumplayer.com
"www.albumplayer.com"  in WINE
In Crossover it runs fine, but unfortunately not in WINE

Albumplayer started to work with a new graphical engine
http://www.graphics32.com www.graphics32.com  in the latest beta releases
(5.1)
and this isn't supported by crossover and it's likely not to be supported
soon.
It isn't in wine either, but one can already build a Wine with a DIB Engine;
see
http://wiki.winehq.org/DIBEngine "http://wiki.winehq.org/DIBEngine"
Allowing me to experiment..

The problem in WINE is this, albumplayer can't write to the database,
resulting in an OLE error 80004002.

It needs mcdac28 and jet40 to communicate with the database
I installed both with winetricks
Macdac installs fine but jet40 gives an error message which might be the
cause of the problem, I'm not sure..

This is the message with the installation of jet40:

Executing wine /home/adri/.winetrickscache/jet40sp8_9xnt.exe
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
fixme:setupapi:extract_cabinet_file awful hack: extracting cabinet
"C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP001.TMP\\Jetsetup.CAB"
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program files\\Common
files\\Microsoft shared\\dao\\dao2535.tlb" failed with error 2
Install of jet40 done
winetricks done.

Somebody came up with the idea that the Data Access Objects (DAO) is not
properly registered.
A "wine regsvr32 "C:\Program files\Common files\Microsoft
shared\dao\dao360.dll" should fix that, but it doesn't do anything.
I'm out of inspiration, I hope somebody can point to another possible
solution.

I tried my installations with different wine versions and always in a
brand-new environment with the WINEPREFIX environment variable. I'm
installing in a win98 bottle.

Thanks,

Adri