[Wine] FPS near freeze on some games

mase wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 29 14:43:36 CDT 2009

Hi!
I am using a self compiled wine-1.1.24 on Debian Squeeze. In games
like Battlefield2 I get a low FPS rate near freeze after about 1 minute
of gameplay. Previous wine versions did the same. Some other games
have this issue, too, others run perfectly. In BF2 I often get graphical
glitches in forms of a white ground. After the near freeze, I close the
application with ALT+F4, and restart BF2. Then it works again for about
1 minute. I am using a Nvidia 9600GT in my notebook with the latest
drivers. The card works perfectly. Playing in Windoze works fine.
Native Linux games, like Doom3 or Torcs work fine, too. Other "fast"
games like GP500 work fine with wine.
What can I do?