[Wine] Re: Panzer General 2 - Railroad Tycoon 2

dabido65 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 1 02:16:29 CST 2009

Okay, I still can't get Panzer General 2 working.  (same problem in bugzilla that Mars is having - no maps or units showing).

BUT, I have managed to get Railroad Tycoon 2 working.  Very weird, but I've found if I start it up and then eject the CD from the CD Drive and wait till it ejects (takes about five minutes), then the program starts working.

Only difficulty I'm having is the bottom part of the screen is chopped off and I can't get scroll down to that section.
This means playing the game without being able to use any of the controls down there, and without being able to see how much money etc I have.

I did play through the first scenario without a problem.

Just for the record, I'm now on Ubuntu 8.1 Intrepid Ibex 64 bit version. I also had to upgrade the nVidia driver to 180.11 (which I believe is still in beta release) as I was getting some weird errors in normal Ubuntu software with nVidia 177 driver.

I hope this helps anyone with a similar Railroad Tycoon 2 problem and if anyone knows how to get it to work without having to eject the CD it'd be appreciated.

Cheers,

David