[Wine] Re: AMD Cool'N Quiet = Processor issues?

halkun wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 1 06:30:28 CST 2009

...or maybe there are different execution pathways between Wine and Windows? This is the more likely problem than blindly guessing that wine is feeding an application bogus data. Working with 3D apps myself, I usually time my display updates after a vsync, and only after my code is done rendering the scene. I never check the CPU speed as it's irrelevant. I highly doubt that professional programmers are using something as silly as a frequency rating to gauge how fact a game should run, not when there are other timers that do the job much more efficiently, and may I add, automatically.