[Wine] Pros & Cons - Microsoft Office on Macintosh OS X

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 2 07:57:22 CST 2009

VE Day <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on March 2nd:

>James Mckenzie wrote:
>>

>> Please do the OpenOffice.org folks a favor and file a bug report for this as an enhancement request for the Mac.
>>
>> Also, which version of Wine are you planning to use?
>>

>Thanks for your reply James.
>I will report the Bug with Textboxes to OpenOffice.org as suggested.
>
>I don't know which version of Wine would be the best for running Microsoft Office 2003 yet,
>I was hoping to get some pointers to which is the best version to choose by asking folks on
>the Internet with experience of using them with Microsoft Office 2003.

Please look at the Applications Database on the WineHQ web site.  This might be your best
source of information at this time.

Also, please be aware that there is a Mac specific version of Office.  I've read reviews
that it is better than Office for Windows.  However, it does not come with Access
the 'want to be' database that ships with the Windows version.

James McKenzie