[Wine] Re: WoW runs *only* as root (openSUSE 11.1, GeForce 8800GTS)

mystuff wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 2 16:35:12 CST 2009

austin987 wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 4:15 PM, mystuff <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> see above

[/quote]

> A) install it under wine itself.

That is possible, but a lot of work (downloading mostly), however worth a shot, still it's be odd if it suddenly would work so I'm still open for other suggestions.

> B) check the permissions...those files you copied may be owned by root.

Before I tried anything I did "chown -hR user:users" on the whole directory, so this should not be an issue (and I just double checked for good measure).

> C) Are you a member of the 'video' group?

user at opensuse:~> groups
users dialout video
opensuse-up:/home/joris # groups
root