[Wine] winedos.dll question

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Mar 2 18:17:44 CST 2009

Follows self up (stupid boy!)

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 00:01 +0000, Martin Gregorie wrote:
> I'm trying to install a Win95 vintage program, EWview, from a set of
> three floppies in WINE 1.1.9, buy all I'm seeing is:

I copied the files off all three floppies into a single directory in my
wine user before changing into that directory and seeing the following:

$ wine setup.exe
err:dosmem:load_winedos Could not load winedos.dll, DOS subsystem
unavailable
winevdm: unable to exec 'D:\ewview3.08.2\one\setup.exe': DOS support
unavailable
$ locate winedos.dll
/usr/lib/wine/winedos.dll.so

Martin