[Wine] Ubuntu 8.10 - Irfanview - no longer able to install or use

Michael Reich reich.mikey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:08:04 CST 2009

I'm not sure if it's related or different, but I've found that the
latest version of Irfanview (I think that's 4.23) will install, but will
not run properly on wine in OSX.  I had to move back to Irfanview 4.10
which still works fine on my system.  I'm running OSX Tiger and Wine
ver. wine-0.9.53.  I didn't want to fuss with why 4.23 won't work since
it wasn't clear to me what the difference between that and 4.10 is.  The
earlier version meets my needs.