[Wine] Help with Warcraft 3

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Mar 3 13:21:43 CST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:05 PM, slpr207 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi, I am from Brazil so my english is not good but I will try speak correct.
> My problem is my Warcraft. I can run him. I've tried all and in the end I get the same result:
> [Image: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6027/waarcraft.th.png ] (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=waarcraft.png)
> This SS is my Warcraft in my ubuntu 8.10, and is to much LAG!! I don't know what I have to do to play this game, at first I think that is because  my ubuntu 64bits, then I format my pc and install the ubuntu 32bits and get the same result.
> Please someone help me!! I can't wait no longer to play warcraft!!

Run it in OpenGL mode. Follow the HOWTO on the AppDb. (You might want
to clean your WINEPREFIX (~/.wine by default) if you tried other DLL
overrides / wine-doors, etc)
Cleaning a .wine directory:
(it deletes everything you installed in Wine)

A much older Wine (0.9.45) / a patch to the Wine source code is needed
if you want to host LAN games due to a regression. Joining LAN games
work fine.

If you have Intel graphics, you probably need to run it at the lowest
graphics setting. (I have a X3100, except for a few minor glitches it
works fine, but it is slow. OpenGL mode is needed though)