[Wine] Misys Tiger with Wine 1.01

dndrich wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 3 17:50:23 CST 2009

Fellow Winos:

I am a nubee to Wine.  I am using Ubuntu 8.10 with Wine from the repository, which is 1.01.  I have a business program that is used to connect a windows PC to an AIX server in our office.  So it is basically an emulator.  the program is called Misys Tiger.  I am able to install the program without difficulty, but it will not run.  It goes to the initial splash screen, and then the program gives an error that it cannot start the server.  I was able to give it the correct server information in the windows\system32\drivers\etc folder which I did by hand.  So, being new to Wine, what is the best way to go about figuring out how to possibly run this?  If I run in terminal it gives one fixme error about a character set.  Any beginner help would be nice.  I won't be able to get help from the company that makes the software.