[Wine] Help with Warcraft 3

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Mar 3 22:04:54 CST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM, slpr207 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Sorry but I dont know how to run in opengl mode i am noob.

The HOWTO in the AppdDb mentions a command line switch that you can
add to the shortcut, and a registry entry to set it to OpenGL mode.
Both methods work.

What graphics card do you have?

You can get into Registry Editor with "wine regedit" on the command-line

>I need to Clean the .wine directory?

Only if you set DLL overrides and want to get rid of them.

I think OpenGL might fix it for you.

>The How to just tells how to install the warcraft right? I think that I instaled him in the same way of the How to

And how to set certain settings.

A registry file that would set OpenGL mode: (Copy and paste the 4
lines from REGEDIT4 to a .reg file and import it into regedit). I'll
try to attach the file as well, don't know if it will work.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III]
"Gfx OpenGL"=dword:00000001