[Wine] Heroes of MIght and Magic V

Jcas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 5 04:11:53 CST 2009

Please, can someone help me with install Heroes?
I was reading HOWTO, but I understund it.

> If the setup program asks for 'setup.exe', kill it, and then run 'killall -9 IKernel.exe'
> Place d3dx9_25.dll in Wine's windows/system32 directory
> To allow camera change by holding down the right mouse button, edit input.cfg found in <game dir>/profiles/<profile name> and change MOUSE_AXIS_X & MOUSE_AXIS_Y to 90. The C: drive can normally be found in ~/.wine/drive_c.
> If the game does not allow you to choose a resolution higher than 1024x768, run regedit and add the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D, then add the string value VideoMemorySize and set it to the amount of video memory you have
> If you can't find the patch you're looking for at one of the update sites, try the other one.

Setup.exe don`t ask
Setup.exe installed the game, but in terminal outpus is any error
I had install direct3D and there is file 3dx9_25.dll in the */system32/
If the setup program asks for 'setup.exe', kill it, and then run 'killall -9 IKernel.exe'
Place d3dx9_25.dll in Wine's windows/system32 directory
To allow camera change by holding down the right mouse button, edit input.cfg found in <game dir>/profiles/<profile name> and change MOUSE_AXIS_X & MOUSE_AXIS_Y to 90. - I did it.

There ins`t Direct3D in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D
but there is one in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Windows\Direct3D and I don`t known how can I add VideoMemorysize

excuse me i speak english very litlle