[Wine] Re: How to specify directx version

dr_costas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 5 11:38:10 CST 2009

Thanks for the reply,

the game I am trying to run is Spacehulk 2
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=8965
but it still ahs problems. It is old and doenst like new OS's as it seems:
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=3579&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

on these forums people have managed to run it on XP either by disabling directdraw hardware acceleration or by installing a virtual win98

I have set compatibility to Win95 but still getting unexpected errors, so I thought I will try disabling ddraw. I thought I installed directx5 that came with the game but I cannot find the dxdiag exe to run.

Many thanks

Costas