[Wine] Recient Problem in wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 5 19:31:20 CST 2009

Glen Darby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently done an update with wine through the Ubuntu auto updates but now my dreamweaver is crashing when running it.
>
> I was wondering if the update could have caused the problem.
>
> My Error results are as follows....
>

> Code:
>
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f7a0,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW set icon to shell size, stub
> fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW set icon to shell size, stub
> fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW set icon to shell size, stub
> fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW set icon to shell size, stub
> fixme:shell:SHGetFileInfoW set icon to shell size, stub
> fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10216, 0x164ea0): stub
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont
> fixme:mlang:fnIMLangFontLink_MapFont

There are no problems noted here.  EXACTLY what happens when you attempt
to use Dreamweaver?  Does it not respond, is the screen blank, grey,
white, does the program fail to start?

One of the first things that I recommend when changing versions of Wine
is to create a new 'bottle' or Wineprefix to store your program files
in.  That way you can point to a definite problem with the new version
and not have things in the wine prefix that should not be there.

James McKenzie