[Wine] Re: Quality of system images captured with (G)ImageX

ss26 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 6 11:57:52 CST 2009

To finish my "report", l'm gonna to tell how it went.

So, during capture of XP (ntfs) mounted in Linux, gimagex was not able to recognize filesystem properly: it didn't exclude from image capture pagefile.sys, \Recycler, \system volume information as it normally did when it ran from WAIK live cd.

Capture went ok (exit code=0). Then i applied image to virtual drive inside VirtualBox. Filesystem structure (files and folders) was restored as it was at the time of capture.

I didn't finished test however (logging into xp) due to blue screen (stop 0x0000007B) during boot due to different hardware configurations on "old" and "new" systems....