[Wine] Re: Wine automatic proxy authentication?

ghotir wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 6 15:28:30 CST 2009

Daemon wrote:

>   You could install the native wininet.dll through the new & updated winetricks and see if that does the trick. savelinkas http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks

It appears that winetricks attempts to download stuff from the internet, and I don't see a way to set my proxy for it.  Since the problem is authentication through a proxy, I don't think this will help.  Also it doesn't appear to be a problem with wininet.dll.  The dll appears to be working fine, the problem is that I don't have a way to give it a username and password.  In windows it gets that information through system calls.  It might be trying to do that from my WINE as well, but my linux credentials don't have internet privileges.  I need to use my windows domain credentials.