[Wine] Playonline needs 32-bit true color

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:44:11 CST 2009

--

Elliander,

I've had issues in Half-Life that were similar.  Half-life said it
needed a certain bit depth, but I was certain I was running it.

The issue in my case was something with the X server.  That was on an
older distro that required changes to the xorg.conf file. I'm not sure
exactly what resolved it, but I'm pretty certain that Wine can work in
32-bit mode (24 bits of colors with 16 bit alpha/blending).

The appdb says PlayOnline does works.  Good luck.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=5342&iTestingId=4857

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com