[Wine] Re: Couple DLL problems

HoverHell wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 8 14:02:47 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:
> No, this is by design. All libraries go into one place. That lets multiple copies of Wine run without any problems.

Err… Doesn't that mean that 1. multiple copies with different versions/variations of some builtin library have to be configured for different paths at compiletime, and 2. user can't install some library for himself (by default) without root access?

vitamin wrote:

> HoverHell wrote:
> > Second: Is it possible to use wrapper of ‘d3d8’? (morrowind graphics enhancer's). E.g. use native d3d8.dll which would wrap around builtin d3d8 of wine?
>
> No. These have totally different interface into video driver. Wine uses OpenGL, while native talk directly to the video driver.

As far as I understand, wrapping d3d8.dll calls original d3d8.dll, so it doesn't matter what interface to video driver underlaying one uses.
Which means it should be theoretically possible…
E.g. wrapping native library isn't the d3d8.dll from windows distribution, but rather (opensourced) wrapper for modifying one specific game ( http://morrgraphext.wiki.sourceforge.net/Technical+Information )