[Wine] Wine on windows?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 17:15:02 CDT 2009

2009/3/8 Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>:
> 2009/3/7 shunesburg69 <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

>> Yes, I know a emulator will be good
>> but I have a low configuration
>> and I just ask if it's possible.

> Currently, no.
> In the future, possibly, but doubtful. Use virtualbox to install a
> older windows version, or use XP's compatibility mode.

Work is documented at

Currently I'm stymied in even compiling the thing.by Cygwin's header
files clashing with Wine's. My next scurvy trick will probably involve
Parity/Cygwin or Parity/Interix.

It's a project strictly for amusement's sake, given the fact that it
won't be able to launch apps! But yes, it would be a useful thing to
get working, so I wouldn't call it a waste of time.

(I'm at home on-call for the next week, so living in XP, so I may have
time to have another good go at it. More people would be most useful.)

- d.