[Wine] audio config freeze

mdharp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 8 19:26:23 CDT 2009

When trying to configure Wine audio, system freezes & doesn't resolve after 3hrs.
Spent a few late nights on forum threads, but no one seems to be mentioning similar problem. Installed latest Wine a few days ago, running Reaper audio under wine.
Plays back fine, VST / VSTi's  install & run mostly OK.
MAudio Delta 192 soundcard with ALSA selected on all Prefs > Sound options.
How to select ALSA on wine without freezing? No sound in. No midi working either.
Also, jack is installed, but will not start from Main Menu shortcut.

Any help appreciated. This is my last step to getting away from Windws.

My system is Hardy Heron, Gigabyte NVidia Grfx card, AMD 2x x64 +3800 CPU, 4GB RAM DDR400, 250GB HD nearly empty, dual boot.[/url]