[Wine] Re: Dual core problems

Sqwelch wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 8 20:10:57 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> Sqwelch wrote:
> > System Monitor open, Look at the app, E.g HL2.exe
>
> HL2 was never able and still can not use more then one core. Get your facts straight before blaming something on Wine that programs themselves can't do.

Well sorry for asking for some help. Maybe that HL cannot use multicore, yet on windows it does, However I'm sure that redalert 3 uses multicore as its apart of their recommended specs, This also utilises multi core on windows also. Perhaps I've got a setting wrong on wine? DXdiag on wine tho does detect dual core. Helpfull advice appreciated, ranting to a noob not :(